I may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. I am an NYR Organic Independent Consultant and any purchase you make through my blog or shopping site helps keep this website working. Thanks for your support!
I have met many that don’t use a facial toner. I have been a faithful toner user for years and years so it is a little hard for me to understand. Here are my top 5 reasons for why to use toner using a facial toner (and why you should too).
- Toners clean. It is your last chance to get any dirt, makeup, or cleanser residue off before starting the moisturizers. I always think of this as the last time I am taking things off of my face instead of putting them on.
- Toners add moisture. They wet your skin and prepare it to help moisturizers soak in better. It can help a serum go on a little smoother.
- Toners protect. After opening your pores in the cleansing process, toners help close the pores and protect your skin against the environment.
- Toners refresh. Often, I am busy and wash my face in the shower but don’t get around to finishing my skincare and makeup routine until hours later. I love using my toner to wake up my skin right then and it feels like no time has passed at all.
- Toners are available for all skin types. I love that toners exist for oily, mature, dry, normal skin. They can be slightly more drying or moisturizing or have special ingredients. You can use a different one in the winter and the summer when your skin might change with the humidity. Everyone can find a toner that works for them.
My favorite toner does all of these things. I am currently using the Rehydrating Rose Toner from Neal’s Yard Remedies. 95% of the bottle is made from certified organic ingredients. It is vegan and cruelty free. And its free of the toxic ingredients I am trying to avoid. Here are the other toners offered by Neal’s Yard Remedies: Rejuvenating Frankincense Toner, Nourishing Orange Flower Toner, Rehydrating Rose Toner, Purifying Palmarosa Toner, White Tea Facial Mist, and Frankincense Hydrating Facial Mist.
Do you need help finding a facial toner made with organic ingredients? Contact me!
Want to know more of my favorite NYR products and tips for using them? Join Alicia’s Organic VIPs on facebook. See you there!