I may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. I am an NYR Organic Independent Consultant and any purchase you make through my blog or shopping site helps keep this website working. Thanks for your support!
Instant Pot Cooking
I love my Instant Pot! It has so many fabulous settings and the best part is getting to combine them! If you don’t know, an Instant Pot is the brand name for a particular pressure cooker. It has the following settings: Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Steam, Slow Cook, Saute, Manual, and Yogurt. Wow! I have just made about 10 recipes in my Instant Pot so far and have really loved having such a versatile tool.
The Turmeric Journey
Have you heard about the health benefits of turmeric? It is a fabulous spice and I wrote about wanting to try it more here. In my journey to try more turmeric in my recipes, I made an Instant Pot Coconut Lemon Quinoa, based off of a combination of several online recipes.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Coconut Lemon Quinoa
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup Tri-Colored Quinoa (or any type of Quinoa)
- 2/3 cup canned Coconut Milk
- 2/3 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cashews – chopped
- 2 TBSP sliced green onions
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
Cooking Instructions for Instant Pot Coconut Lemon Quinoa
- Saute 2 tsp coconut oil to melt it. This also warms the Instant Pot a bit and makes it faster to come to pressure.
- Add the 1 cup Quinoa, 2/3 cup canned Coconut Milk, and 2/3 cup Chicken Stock, and 1/2 tsp salt. (Really you just want a cup and a half of liquid. So use what you have on hand! I figured, the more flavor the better!)
- Stir the pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to 1 minute MANUAL Pressure. (Yes, 1 minute)
- Let it do 10 minutes of natural release.
- After releasing the pressure, stir in the remaining ingredients. (1/4 cup cashews, 2 tbsp green onion, zest of 1 lemon, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 TBSP fresh lemon)
- Stir and Enjoy!
We ate this with Lemon Chicken and Brussels Sprouts! What a yummy and nutritious dinner. There is a lot of room for substitution in this recipe. If you try something different, please comment and tell me how it worked! Also follow me on Pinterest for all of my recipes, organic beauty tips, and more!