I may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. I am an NYR Organic Independent Consultant and any purchase you make through my blog or shopping site helps keep this website working. Thanks for your support!
Have you heard about Sodium Hyaluronate? It has been featured in a few commercials lately for Neutrogena Products, with spokesperson Kristen Bell, whom I love. The products are not my favorite because they have other ingredients that I do not love like silicones that can coat the skin and impede its natural function. Also Carbomer, a petroleum derivative. And fragrance, which could be a bunch of things that are not disclosed.
But again, the Sodium Hyaluronate is awesome. What is it, you may ask? It is It is a compound that is a moisture magnet. It can 1000 times its weight in water. Sodium Hyaluronate is naturally occurring in the skin and as an added ingredient in skincare can add incredible moisture. It is also used sometimes in injections to take away wrinkles, but that’s not really my thing.
I like to know what ALL of the ingredients are. As a NYR Organic consultant, I avoid the same ingredients that the company does in all of my skincare and makeup. I read my labels. I check and double check. And I avoid Parabens, Synthetic Fragrances, GMOs, Animal Testing, Silicones, Phthalates, Nanoparticles, Mineral Oils, EDTA, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, Acrylates, and BHT. So when I am looking for products with Sodium Hyaluronate, I will pass them up if they also include the ingredients I just mentioned.
Products with Sodium Hyaluronate
These are some of my favorite Neal’s Yard Remedies products with the awesome Sodium Hyaluronate. (And as with all of our products, they are without all of the toxic ingredients listed in the paragraph above.)
1. Wild Rose Beauty Elixir – I use this after my toner and before my moisturizer. It makes my skin feel unbelievably soft and also has other fabulous ingredients like wild rosehip oil, brightening turmeric, a smoothing peptide, and essential oils of frankincense and geranium.(If you want to know more about this product plus a few other Wild Rose products check out this post.)
2. Frankincense Intense™ Cream – a luxuirous cream that combines nature and science. Key ingredients include Frankincense – organic Frankincense from Kenya and wild harvested Frankincense from Somalia (read more about FairWild certification here). Also a 3-Peptide complex, Gardenia Plant Stem Cells, and of course, Sodium hyaluronate. This product also comes with consumer trials backing claims. 100% said their skin looks younger, while 90% saw a visible reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. You can read more about Frankincense Intense products including the new Frankincense Intense Lift Serum here.
3. Deliciously Ella Facial Moisturizer -this is a relatively new product, introduced last summer. Neal’s Yard Remedies and the lovely Ella Woodward, blogger and advocate of healthy and nontoxic living, created this product together. In Ella’s words, ““I worked closely with the team at Neal’s Yard Remedies to create a beautiful blend packed with some of my favourite organic ingredients including balancing rose, toning lime, cooling cucumber and antioxidant-rich blueberries and acai. I’m so excited for you to try my new Rose, Lime & Cucumber Collection, a simple daily skincare routine to help every skin type achieve a naturally radiant glow. Love Ella x”
4. Nourishing Orange Flower Night Cream – Like the Frankincense Intense Cream, this comes in a 1.76 ounce jar. It is designed to combat dry skin and it rich in antioxidants.
5. White Tea Enriching Facial Mask – This is not your typical facial mask. It doesn’t make your skin all dry and tight. (We have one of those too and it’s awesome… the Palmarosa Purifying Facial Mask.) The White Tea mask feels like a cloud. I know that sounds weird. But it is luxrious and nourishing. Maybe in part to the ingredients? Organic pumpkin seed oil. Aloe Vera leaf juice powder. And white tea leaf extract.
Those are just FIVE of the many products Neal’s Yard Remedies has with the ingredient Sodium Hyaluronate. The ingredients are always listed on the product pages. They are never hidden behind a tab or in tiny print. We are proud of our ingredients and I am proud to be an NYR Organic Independent Consultant.
Have you tried any of the products listed above? Share your favorite in the comments below and come join the conversation in my Facebook group, Alicia’s Organic VIPs. See you there!