I may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. I am an NYR Organic Independent Consultant and any purchase you make through my blog or shopping site helps keep this website working. Thanks for your support!
At the end of the year it is so fun to reflect about the past and plan for the future. We are about to turn the page on one year and start anew. And often that comes with having a New Year’s Resolution (or two). We may aspire to exercise more, eat more healthily, or swear less. If you need some inspiration, here are 25 beauty related new year’s resolutions, including both the basic and unique.
- Drink more water. This is a basic one that is good for health and your skin!
- Wash my face every night. Do you already do this? I know some people don’t. I *have* to wash my face with one of my favorite washes before I go to sleep.
- Read the labels on my skincare products. This one is a personal mission of mine because I think we are more used to reading labels on food now, but not so much on our skincare. But what we put on our skin is just as important! (And I like to avoid ingredients like petroleum derivatives, synthetic fragrance, and more. The ones that are all avoided in Neal’s Yard Remedies products.)
- Find a night cream I like. (Personally I alternate between Beauty Sleep Concentrate and Frankincense Intense Cream.)
- Keep hand cream in my car. This is something I really need to work on. I might take this one on. It seems whenever I need hand cream, I can’t find it. So my hands get too dry in the winter.
- Use a mask once a week. It is so fun and wonderful to use a mask. But sometimes it is hard to use it regularly. (Or am I the only one? My skin loves my masks…. so I need to keep this one on my list of resolutions too!)
- Throw away all expired makeup and skincare. While organizing my pantry, all the kid toys, and my closet, I also need to double check the expiration dates on my skincare and makeup. If its old and I haven’t used it lately, it will be gone!
- Throw out all beauty products with parabens and phalates. These are two No-No’s when looking at the ingredient label for beauty products. Why? Well, with parabens, there is a lack of data on safety and there are concerns over estrogen-like activity. And did you know some phthalates are very toxic and have been banned from EU products? If there are viable alternatives (and there are), I will take those, thank you very much.
- Learn more about essential oils. Essential Oils are so cool and learning about them is so interesting! I love to have workshops to teach about them and use them in a safe and effective way. (I wrote about that here.) There are so many ways to use essential oils and learning about them would make a great resolution for 2018!
- Try aluminum-free deodorant. Making the switch from an antiperspirant to a safer deodorant is a valiant resolution!
- Quit biting my nails. If this is a problem for you, try to stop! Pretty nails just make me feel better!
- Always wear my Fitbit and get those steps in. Just this weekend I thought that my Fitbit was charged when it wasn’t. So I went a weekend without that extra motivation to keep moving.
- Floss more. Enough said.
- Pamper myself at least once a month. This one sounds fun! Self care is very important.
- Breathe deeper. Deep breaths make you slow down and get that oxygen to your brain!
- Go to sleep earlier. I always find something else to do at night. That must be the story for all moms. But going getting a good night’s sleep is invaluable now.
- Put lotion on my feet each night. My feet get really dried out and if I could just remember to pamper them they might get better!
- Wash my makeup brushes more often. This is a beauty activity that can be easily procrastinated. But it is important! (Check out this cool makeup brush cleaner!)
- Use my eye cream every day. The more you use the eye cream, the more you will see beneficial results, right?
- Keep my toe nails neatly painted. This may go nicely with #14 above!
- Exercise more. Yes. This one is a must. Luckily my local Baby Bootcamp makes this easy.
- Take my vitamins daily. And this includes my Beauty Boost!
- Try a facial oil. There are so many categories of beauty products you haven’t tried before. Sheet mask? Facial Oil? Night cream? Scrub? Pick one and try it out!
- Use a toner (and traditional 3 step skincare). This is another one where I may have to step on my soapbox. Some people don’t use toner and they really should! (I wrote about this here.) If you are one of those people, maybe make the 2018 the year you start to use toner.
- Buy more *organic* skincare. Along with #3 above, after you start reading labels, maybe it is time to start truly looking at those ingredients and choosing some that are certified organic. (If you are ready, you can read this.)
So that’s it! Twenty-five Beauty Resolutions to decide between, if you so choose. Which one is the best for you? Comment below or come and share in Alicia’s Organic VIPs!