I may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. I am an NYR Organic Independent Consultant and any purchase you make through my blog or shopping site helps keep this website working. Thanks for your support!
Every woman deserves a night cream – at every age- that makes her feel like she is pampering herself. Beauty Sleep Concentrate definitely makes me feel that way. It was one of the first products I got when I started using Neal’s Yard Remedies, and subsequently joined as a consultant soon after. It is a fantastic “starter” night cream for someone just getting started with a nighttime regiment. But it is also a proven favorite among those who have used it for years.
Ingredients in Beauty Sleep Concentrate
The ingredients in the product are what make it stand out. They are formulated to give the best benefits to your skin. Here is a list of many of the ingredients and their uses/benefits.
- Organic Soybean Oil – helps protect the skin from UV rays, protect from free radicals, the vitamin E helps moisturize the skin. Effective to remove skin blemishes. Unlike a lot of soy, this is GMO free!!
- Organic Grape Seed Oil – helps to restore collagen at the cellular level. A light oil that can help balance the moisture in the skin. Good for oily or dry patches. Rich in vitamins C, D, E and essential fatty acids. This can help prevent wrinkles.
- Organic Cocoa Seed Butter – a natural moisturizer. Contains cocoa mass polyphenols which have been found to help diminish signs of aging in some studies. Also good at soothing sensitive skin.
- Organic Castor Seed Oil – contains ricinoleic acid which can hydrate the skin, reduce wrinkles, reduce inflammation, and heal acne.
- Chinese Sacred Lily Bulb Extract– thought to be naturally regenerative
- Organic Aloe Vera Leaf Juice Powder- soothing, moisturizing, fights acne and scars.
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 – boosts collagen production
- Sodium Hyaluronate – promotes collagen and elastic. Used in many anit-aging products. It can hold up to 1,000 times its weight in moisture so it really helps moisturize and hold the moisture in.
- Organic Ylang Ylang Essential Oil – aphrodisiac, sedative (relief from stress and anxiety), helps maintain the moisture and oil balance in the skin. Keeps skin looking young, smooth, and hydrated.
- Organic Orange Essential Oil – anti-inflammatory, anticeptic, antidepressent, mild aphrodisiac.
- Organic Patchouli Essential Oil – soothes inflammation, aphrodisiac, anticeptic, antiaging, helps the fading of scars, sedative.
- Organic Cypress Essential Oil – astringent, anticeptic, sedative.
- Organic Clary Sage Essential Oil – balances and regulates natural oil in the skin – good on oily or dry skin. Also astringent, anticeptic, aphrodisiac. Helps reduce symptoms of PMS. Sedative.
- Sunflower Seed Oil – high in vitamins E, D, C, A. Helps prevent scarring and reduce existing wrinkles. Antioxidant. Moisturizing.
Note: this is just some highlights for the ingredients. For the full list, you can check here.
Notice how many of these are organic. That means that these very concentrated ingredients are not full of harmful pesticides. Organic in skincare (especially in creams that soak in over night) are very important to me. Every ingredient that CAN be certified organic, IS certified organic. Neal’s Yard Remedies uses The Soil Association for their organic certification. If you tally up all of the quantities of all the ingredients, this product is 90% organic.
Awards & Press
Beauty Sleep Concentrate has won many awards in beauty magazines and contests. Here are a few:
- Best Night Cream in RSVP Beauty Awards, 2014
- Best Night Treatment in the Herald Beauty Awards, 2014
- Best Anti-Ageing Skincare Launch in the Pure Beauty Awards, 2011
- Beauty Insider’s Choice, Cosmetic Executive Women UK, 2012
- Beauty Sleep Concentrate was featured in several magazines too, including Beauty Store Business and Out Magazine
Other Product Details
The Beauty Sleep Concentrate comes in a handy pump. It takes about two pumps to cover my whole face and the bottle will last me several months. It is good for all skin types.
Whenever I apply it I first put two pumps on my fingers and then slowly breath it in. (Did you see how many of the essential oils in the ingredients list are sedatives? No wonder this is fabulous to wear while you sleep!) Then I apply over my entire face, avoiding the delicate skin around the eye. It feels like my skin is just drinking in the moisture.
Want to always stay on the top of info and deals? Join my VIP group today!