I may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. I am an NYR Organic Independent Consultant and any purchase you make through my blog or shopping site helps keep this website working. Thanks for your support!
Chocolate and jelly beans are great. But sometimes we want some more healthy ideas for our kids’ Easter baskets. Here are ten ideas that go beyond sugary sweets, and if you choose carefully, you can get an entirely organic Easter basket this year.
Please note some of these are affiliate links. That means if you choose to buy them, I get a small percentage back, which helps me continue this website. But don’t worry, I only choose items that are researched, I have used, and I stand behind!
- No Dyeing Organic Cotton Baby First Toy. Isn’t Amy the Bunny Cute? Made with certified organic cotton, there are over ten animals to choose from. Some of them are more babyish with a rattle, but some, like Amy, could work for any ages.
- Annie’s Organic Bunny Fruit Snacks. Sure, it’s not real fruit, but every Easter basket needs some yummies. And these are at least better than most. And they are bunnies.
- Green Toys Watering Can Toys. I love the Green Toys brand. They are dishwasher safe and free of BPA, phthalates, PVC, and external coating. Plus this watering can is super cute, functional, and perfect for Spring!
- For the older crowd, Butter London nail polish. While not certified organic, this goes beyond five-free brands, to also be free of ethyl tosylamide, TPHP and xylene. (If you aren’t familiar with what five-free means, or why you should avoid some of the ingredients in traditional nail polishes, read my post here.
- For babies and toddlers, check out these adorable toys from Etsy shop Fact and Fiction Toys. Beautifully made wooden toys with an organic beeswax and olive oil finish. These keys are adorable and they have cars and teethers and puzzles too.
- Have you been trying to get away from fluoride toothpaste? Try Earthpaste! I have the wintergreen flavor, but the lemon is supposed to be good for kids.
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Bee Lovely Hand Cream. This is my favorite hand cream. Filled with fabulous ingredients like certified organic sunflower seed oil, certified organic brazil nut seed oil, certified organic honey, and certified organic orange essential oil. It also has one of my favorite ingredients – sodium hyaluronate and white tea leaf extract which is great for the skin.
- Healthy snacks! Have you tried Bare brand banana, apple, and coconut chips? Mmmm what a treat! And the list of ingredients is so simple. Bananas. Apples. Cinnamon. Not organic, but Non-GMO and no added sugar.
- Have you heard of Barnana? “We are on a mission to eliminate food waste on organic banana farms. When fresh bananas have scuffs, are a little too ripe, or aren’t the perfect size – they were rejected for export outside of the country and went to waste. Not anymore!” These look amazing and are organic and have a very simple list of ingredients too.
- And lastly… Stickers! Stickers are always a fun and welcome gift. Except that my daughter does like to put them on the tile floor and furniture. Hmph. I am planning on cutting up sticker sheets to put in Easter eggs. Plus adding this cute book!I hope these ideas were helpful to you for organic Easter basket ideas this year. What are you planning on putting together this year? Comment below. And come join Alicia’s Organic VIPs on facebook for the latest organic news and more!