I may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. I am an NYR Organic Independent Consultant and any purchase you make through my blog or shopping site helps keep this website working. Thanks for your support!
Colors of 2017
Every year, Pantone LLC comes out with the ten colors of the fashion season and the color of the year. This year, the color was Greenery and some other colors include a bright yellow, muted pink, and vibrant magenta. These are colors that are seen in fashion and beauty in that year. Of course, shouldn’t we have nail polish to coordinate? So here are some fun examples of Nontoxic Nail Polish for Spring 2017.
Nail Polish, minus the toxic ingredients
But before I wear anything, I read the label. It is fun to choose nail polish colors based on these fashion lists, but it is important to me to make sure the nail polishes are free of the toxic ingredients like
- formaldehyde (a known carcinogen, possibly causing cancer of the nose, throat, and blood; workers are especially at risk for chronic conditions and miscarriages)
- dibutyl phthalate (could have harmful developmental and reproductive effects; banned in the EU)
- toluene (a known human respiratory toxicant; maybe developmental effects; a paint thinner made from petroleum or tar)
- formaldehyde resin (organ system toxicant, skin irritation)
- camphor (skin irritation and allergic reactions, and inhaling its fumes can cause nausea, dizziness, and headaches; possible liver damage)
So, when looking for fashion forward nail polishes, here are some to consider, matched up with their colors chosen for 2017. These are from the brands
- Julep (5 free… which means free of the five ingredients listed above)
- Butter London (avoids the 5, plus ethyl tosylamide, TPHP and xylene)
- 100% Pure (Avoids the 5, plus xylene, parabens, fragrances, phthalates and animal ingredients.)
This post does contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase from any of these links it will help pay for this website. Of course, I do careful research before choosing my affiliates. Thank you and happy shopping!
- Pink Yarrow is described as bold, tropical, and festive. When it comes to nail polishes, this is one of the more traditional colors. Some recommendations are Primrose Hill Picnic by Butter London, Adeline by Julep, and Kiss by 100% Pure.
3. Primrose Yellow might be the hardest to find a nail polish for. This color is warm and sunny, but there just aren’t that many nail polishes this color. But Julep’s Lida works nicely.
6. Island Paradise is the next color. It is a pretty aqua that definitely feels tropical! Nail polishes include Cloud (left) and Cornflower (right) by 100% pure. Candy Floss by Butter London, and Liesl by Julep.
8. Greenery is the official color of the year, according to Pantone. It is a refreshing, tangy yellow-green. Butter London has an exact match to celebrate the color, called Greenery. And Julep has a shimmery match called Tatum.
10. Kale is the last Spring color of 2017. “Evocative of the great outdoors and a healthy lifestyle.” A nail color that is close is British Khaki by 100% Pure.
Have you seen some of these colors in Spring fashions this year? Which color is your favorite? Comment below and then come and join my Organic VIPs on Facebook!