I may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. I am an NYR Organic Independent Consultant and any purchase you make through my blog or shopping site helps keep this website working. Thanks for your support!
Being an NYR Organic consultant means its important to share the awesome mission of NYR. To change the world, one blue bottle at a time. To build my business. And that often involves vendor events. I’ve got it pretty much down to an art now, but when starting my business and I was packing for an event, I didn’t have a list of what to bring. But now after being a consultant for a few years, here is my checklist for an NYR Organic Vendor Event.
Packing and Display
- Tablecloths – I think I have 4 total. Sometimes I use all of them on tables. Sometimes I use some to cover a box (read below) for extra height. I like navy because it goes with our colors and looks sharp against some white dishes for display. These are the exact ones I have, but just do your research and look at the reviews.
- Boxes filled with products. Someday I might do tubs or something more organized but I like boxes for a few reasons. They are easy to carry. I can write on them. And I can use them for display, when I drape a second table cloth over one for extra height.
- Acrylic Sign Holders to Display Signs. I got these which come in a set of 3.
- Any large branded signs and equipment to hang them.
- Display Plates, Cake Plates, Cutting Boards, Platters. So basically I go and raid my kitchen. I like to use white because it looks really sharp against the navy table cloths and I also have some beautiful platters that have white and navy and yellow.
- Business Cards
- Catalogs – Full size
- Mini Catalogs
- Order Forms
- Extra Stickers with your name and info on them… just in case
- Signage and Other Documents. I like to bring the monthly customer special, new consultant sign up kit information, hostess information, consultant price list, allergy list, ingredients in our essential oil blends and Remedies to roll.
- Papers to gather customers information (name, email, phone number, etc.) and a bowl or vase to put these when they are filled out.
- Giveaway or other incentive to get people to fill out the customer info and join your email list
- Boxes wrapped in Wrapping Paper – used for display. I use the boxes that the NYR Organic items (like toner, hand wash) are packed in. I wrapped them over a year in some shiny silver paper and use them over and over. It adds height and some neutral shine. Festive any time of year.
- A calculator
- A way to take credit cards. I use Square and even have the Square Chip reader. If you are new to square, use my referral link to sign up and you will get $1000 in free processing in your first 180 days.
- A roll of paper towels (just in case!)
- NYR Bags – both sizes
- Money! Don’t forget to get some cash to make change. Ask nicely and the bank will give you a money bag.
- Products to sample: this could either be open full size products or the sample sachets. Personally I have about 5 full size things (a hand cream, Wild Rose Beauty Balm, a body cream or body butter, Beauty Sleep Concentrate or Wild Rose Beauty Elixir, a Frankincense Intense product). PLUS I have my sample sachets in a basket with a sticker on them with my information to hand out for people to try out at home.
- I also like to bring my Esta Diffuser and a few essential oils. Even if I don’t turn it on, people like to see the diffuser. And definitely have one (or all!) of the Remedies to Roll on hand.
- Cash and Carry products to sell at the event.
- Books! I like to bring the Essential Oils Book and the Beauty Book at the very least. They are both so great for reference books!
- Anything to organize your table. You can take cardstock and fold it into little tents that say “Face” or “Body” or “Try Me” or “Cash and Carry”. These tiny chalkboards would also work nicely.
- Spatulas to sample – I put the clean ones in an NYR glass jar (reuse, reduce recycle!)
- Place to put the spatulas when a customer is done. (I have an empty Reed Diffuser container that is perfect for this task.)
- Cell Phone
- Water Bottle
- Comfortable shoes
If you’ve made it this far, you’ve made it through the essentials. But how do you put it all together? Take a look at these pics. Of course there is no right or wrong way to do this. But I try to make it look clean, organized, and visually appealing.
Good luck at your own events! Vendor events are such a great way to meet new people and spread the word about how awesome NYR Organic is. So go and rock an NYR Organic Vendor Event!