I may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. I am an NYR Organic Independent Consultant and any purchase you make through my blog or shopping site helps keep this website working. Thanks for your support!
I am always in a hurry. I don’t always have the time for proper self care. So that’s why I love being able to keep this Seaweed Salt Scrub in the shower and use it in a flash. It is a easy and effective scrub full of wonderful ingredients.
POST UPDATE: This was one of my favorite products but now it is discontinued. Please see all of the body scrubs here.
The Seaweed Salt Scrub comes in a convenient squeeze bottle. It is 7.06 ounces and the ingredient list is clearly written on the back with asterisks by the certified organic ingredients. (I LOVE that about all the NYR Organic products. Don’t we need to know what is in our products??) The product flows well out of the recyclable plastic bottle. It is a little gritty from the pumice and sea salt. It smells earthy from the clays, but you also get a bit of the grapefruit citrus smell and a hint of the ginger too.
Here are some of the cool ingredients in the Seaweed Salt Scrub. Again, these are all listed on the back of the bottle, in order of quantity and the certified organic ingredients are denoted with an asterisk.
- Kaolin: a cleansing and detoxing clay (this gives the Seaweed Salt Scrub the lovely gray/brown color.)
- Sea Salt: a natural exfoliator
- Bentonite: another clay to detoxify and balance the skin
- Pumice: bits of volcanic rock to exfoliate
- Avocado Oil*: Moisturizing and an excellent source of antioxidants minerals and vitamins
- Propolis Extract* Anti-inflammatory and balancing for the skin
- Seaweed Extract*: Hydrating and tightening for the skin.
- Patchouli Essential Oil*: stimulates blood circulation which leads to healthier looking skin
- Lemon Essential Oil*: helps clean and restore the luster of dull skin
- Black Pepper Essential Oil*: detoxifying and full of minerals
- Ginger Essential Oil*: full of antioxidants to stop damage of free radicals
- Grapefruit Essential Oil*: cleansing and balancing and also gives the Seaweed Salt Scrub a nice smell
- Frankincense Essential Oil*: helps improve the appearance of the skin
Exfoliating is something that definitely qualifies as self care. Personally, I have to remind myself to take the time and exfoliate. This is easier to remember in the summer, but this is a great product to remember all year round. Here are some ideas on how to get the ultimate use out of this product.
- Use in the shower right before shaving to get a really close shave and smooth skin.
- Follow with one of our body butters, like our Bee Lovely Body Butter.
- Massage into your feet and then soak your feet in the tub filled with one of our bubble bath products (like the Seaweed & Arnica Foaming Bath) for 10 minutes for super smooth skin.
- Don’t forget your elbows!
- Use regularly on your heels to keep them soft.
I love looking through the ingredients and sharing how I love to use this product. You will love the Seaweed Salt Scrub as well! If you have any questions, please post below or come and join the discussion in Alicia’s Organic VIPs on Facebook!
Alicia Adams is the creator of Peppermint Tulip, a blog to share the organic life and her love of products from Neal’s Yard Remedies. She loves to host facebook parties, spa parties in person, and anytime she can share about the ethics and standards of NYR.