I may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. I am an NYR Organic Independent Consultant and any purchase you make through my blog or shopping site helps keep this website working. Thanks for your support!
We are all washing our hands more, right? I remember at the beginning of social distancing, all of the songs titles that were released to show us how long to wash our hands. (I’m kind of partial to show tunes…) And all that hand washing can be very drying to our hands. So here are some tips for organic hand care during these crazy times.
Wash & dry your hands carefully
After washing your hands with warm (not hot!) water and your favorite hand wash (I love our citrus hand wash!) for 20 seconds, you will certainly want to thoroughly dry your hands. But instead of vigorously wiping your hands dry, try patting them instead, which is less abrasive on your skin.
Follow up with lotion
I have noticed that half of the battle for me is really following through on the lotion. I LOVE my Bee Lovely Body Lotion. I love this for hands because it is thicker than some of our other lotions but still comes in a pump which is so much easier to use. And easy means that it will actually get done! I keep one by the kitchen sink and one in my car (even though I’m not driving much these days). I like it in the car so if I am sitting in traffic, I can do a little self care hand moisturizing.
Bring out the big guns at night
I have gotten in the habit of using these products at night so they can soak in and repair my hands while I sleep!
1. Frankincense Intense™ Hand Serum. This is a new product and has magical ingredients that firm and hydrate skin and reduce the appearance of lines, wrinkles, and age spots. Some of the fabulous ingredients in here are
- sodium hyaluronate which is very plumping to the skin and can hold 1000x its weight in water
- narcissus extract, which comes from dormant plant bulbs and has scientifically proven age-defying properties
- rosehip seed oil (rich in provitamin A) and antioxidant turmeric (clinically proven to even skin tone) work together to target age spots
- Note: be sure to check out our other Frankincense Intense products too!
2. Citrus Hand Softener. This product has been a longtime favorite of mine in the winter when my skin is dryer. And so I have added it into my nightly routine these days. It just melts into my skin and doesn’t leave them oily at all. It does magic. Some ingredients include: sodium hyaluronate, cocoa butter, coconut oil, borage, and orange, lemon, and grapefruit essential oils.
3. Melissa Hand Polish. Did you know hands need some exfoliation too? Of course they do! This exfoliator is gentle for dull and dry hands. The gorgeous scent of frankincense and melissa lift your spirits while argan and rosehip seed powders combine with cooling aloe vera to smooth and condition skin.
These three products are rock stars for your hands. And this doesn’t include other hand favorites like hand creams (perfect for your purse or car) and Organic Defense Hand Spray. If you check out these organic hand care tips, your hands will certainly thank you!
You can trust these products have…
- NO PARABENS
- NO SYNTHETIC FRAGRANCES
- NO GMO INGREDIENTS
- NO ANIMAL TESTING
- NO SILICONES
- NO PHTHALATES
- NO NANO
- NO MINERAL OILS
- NO EDTA
- NO PROPYLENE GLYCOL
- NO CARBOMER
- NO DEA
- NO ACRYLATES
- NO BHT